Darebin's Muslims Reaching Out- Project Officer
Previous applicants need not re-apply
An opportunity exists within the Community Planning Partnerships and Performance Department for a motivated Project Officer. This is a temporary, full-time (38hrs per week) position.
Community Planning Partnerships and Performance Department responds to the diverse needs and aspirations of the Darebin community by providing strategic policy and planning expertise. The Department achieves its strategic aims through key three functions; community development, equity and diversity, service performance and improvement.
You will be responsible for implementing the Salam Alaykum -Darebin’s Muslims Reaching Out project, funded by the Federal Attorney General’s department.
You will be responsible for:
• Working in partnership with the Islamic Society of Victoria to strengthen its role and effectiveness in organising events, dealing with the media, resolving conflicts, and managing stakeholders
• Developing and implementing activities that assist the Islamic Society of Victoria to dispel myths and misconceptions about Islam and Muslims
• Organising a series of seminars and events around interfaith and intercultural dialogue targeting community members to learn about Islam and its practices
• Organising activities that engage Muslim community in broader community events such as festivals and celebrations taking place across Darebin
• Providing timely reports to Council and the funding body.
More on the rise of Mystery Babylon the Great in Darebin at "Darebin City Council"